The International Forgiveness Institute (IFI) is a world-wide, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people gain knowledge about forgiveness and to use that knowledge for personal, group, and societal renewal.
We believe that forgiveness is a choice. If you have been deeply hurt by another, you can choose to forgive rather than hold on to debilitating anger and resentment. In doing so, an amazing transformation begins. The black clouds of anxiety and depression give way to enhanced self-esteem and genuine feelings of hopefulness. When you forgive, you may benefit the person you forgive. By liberating yourself from the pain and sorrow, you can reclaim your life and find the peace that your anger had stolen.
We are convinced that anyone–individuals, families, communities, even governments–can experience the extraordinary benefits of forgiveness. By learning to forgive and committing to live the forgiving life, we can all help restore healthy emotions, rebuild relationships and establish more peaceful communities around the world. Become a “Peace Builder” now; sign the Forgiveness Pledge.
By signing this Forgiveness Pledge, I affirm that:
- Forgiveness is an important part of my life.
- I will do my best to forgive people from my family of origin.
- I will be a conduit of forgiveness in my family.
- I will forgive in the workplace and do my best to create a forgiving atmosphere.
- I will encourage forgiveness in my place of worship so that it is a forgiving community.
- I will do my best to plant and promote forgiveness in my wider community.
- I commit to living the forgiving life.